Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pound Foolish

The name of the blog is "Blossoming into Motherhood", in other words, "I have so much to learn about running a house!" Yesterday I was so up on my ego, feeling like I could do anything. Today I am so ashamed. I look back on yesterday me and shake my head in disappointment. I took a look at something scary, but very important....... any guesses what it was? Ok, fine, you were smart enough to read the title of this post. The scary and important thing was my spending. Honestly, I feel disgusted in myself. However, we can't go back in time and un-spend it, so we must look forward and make tomorrow a different picture.
I now understand why I got so lost yesterday on my way to my nephew's Birthday party. It was God preparing me for today. I was wondering as I was lost what life lesson I was supposed to learn from it-- there had to be a life parallel that I needed to apply. I noticed that the feelings I had as I looked at my finances were identical to the feelings I had whilst I was lost, taking 2 hours to get 30 minutes away. I was frustrated, I kept thinking, "I want to be on the freeway!" and "If I had known it would take me 2 hours to get there, I would have left earlier." and "I want to be done driving." and "This GPS is teasing me." It was a parable. My destination in life is having a home to raise my family in, I want to get there as fast as I can, but I have to keep my eye on the map and make sure I'm on course. I feel like I've been such a fool. I have every tool at my disposal, but I've been ignoring them... so, I'm not in debt, I have avoided disaster, but I need to get this family on track to reach that destination. There are so many things we could provide for our family if we lived more providently. I now have a plan and the tools are being used wisely now. We will get there!
Ok, my favorite parallel- You know how GPS info can get out of date... there are some roads that aren't shown because they are newer than the information the GPS has. Well, my favorite parallel is that paying tithing is like updating the GPS. You might find a shortcut or a better place to end up than you had planned. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment