Friday, July 23, 2010

Be a Mormon

I don't want to be wishy washy about this, so I'll just say it. The Church is true. Which church? Why, just ask the elders... The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The thing is, once you have that beautiful witness from the Holy Spirit that this is the true church, you can rest assured that your feet are wisely planted and are on a sure path. I know it is true, but I don't want anyone to just take my word for it. You have to be changed by it so it can be a part of you. Any question that there is "one true church" ought to be thrown out because there can't be two and there can't be none (two inevitably contradicting and none-that's like saying truth doesn't exist). I also have to say, you can't put one foot in and say you know the religion. Hey, I'm still learning new things every day and it endears me more to my Heavenly Father and gives me greater witness to the truth of his work. The Mormon Church is unique in many ways, so if you read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and see that it truly is the word of God, then the rest of the religion must also be true because an unlearned man (Joseph Smith) could not have written it or translated it. One might wonder why it is so important to have the true church, especially when a person is righteous and good, it really shouldn't matter right? My response can be long winded, but I'll try to make it short- If you knew, you would know why it's important. The whole purpose of life is to try to follow the Savior, to follow him, you have to know what he says. (<- One of many reasons the truth is important). Another thing you should realize is, God is fair and because he delights to bless people and doesn't hold one person above another, all mankind will know, and decide with their knowledge, having every opportunity. God loves his children.
Also, don't waist time. Procrastinating is like shooting your faith in the foot. How can you walk happy knowing you have a hole in your foot? Embrace truth, embrace happiness, and you will be marvelous.
One might say, "But life is fun and blah blah blah, so I don't want to 'give up' anything even if it is true. The Mormons have too many rules." My response to that is, You always get more than you "give up". Every parent has rules for a reason, and as you live it, you see why. Don't learn everything the hard way. You don't want to find yourself struggling because you were foolish. Also, there are blessings tied to your obedience in following the commandments. Now, you should have no excuses. Be a Mormon. Never let a good thing pass you by my friend. It's absolutely true, so learn about it, pray about it, expect an answer, and let the answer come.
I say these things in the way I live my life, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment